Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Gardening Scotland and the Highland Show

 

After my return from the States with my head spinning with all things Philadelphia there was not a minute to lose.  I tried to keep calm as I read down the list of all the things I had to prepare for in the next few weeks - sadly my poor little blog couldn't even be entered on the list no matter how I wanted it to!

First......my assessment for my module on Visual Effects (for my Computer animation & digital art degree)  had to be in by Friday on the very week I returned jetlagged and worn out from Philly.  Oh yes I had thought.....I can manage that!!  Naturally things did not go completely to plan and I ended up submitting the assessment with far from my best work.

Ashamed, I sat back waiting for the inevitable fail so you can imagine how astonished I was when I passed and not too shabby a mark either!  Sighs of relief all round, especially from the lecturers I suspect as this would mean that they might not have to see me again. With this module duly passed, there would be no more to do - my degree is in sight! 

So with that out of the way it was time to knuckle down and sew sew sew, stuff stuff, sew sew sew. I pulled out all the stops and focused on bear and animal making until my fingers and eyes ached.  It all worked out as I arrived at Gardening Scotland, and then Highland Show with some lovely new pieces and even remained relatively awake to talk to my collectors. (That is certainly a problem - as soon as I stop working I want to sleep).

We had considered the viability of the Highland Show.  The long long hours, the heat in the marquee, and the travelling to and from the Ingliston Show grounds.  However, it proved to be the BEST EVER show there and it was really worthwhile.  We met some lovely lovely people and waved goodbye to lots of animals.

My stand looked quite nice I think - much better with the big pictures on the back wall, and I thought the huge vintage table cover worked well.  It only took 3 hours to set up this time which is also something of a record - it is so much better at this show with the complete shell to work in.  We had our usual comfy hidey hole behind the table where we could almost nod off haha.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the animation work! Will we see little hedgie animations soon?!

    Congratulations on the sales and new friends made at the Highland Show, too!

    You seem to be having quite an eventful summer.

    Hettie and Floraare waving to you. LMK when there is a lull in your schedule and I'll send an order for new dresses for them!
    Love,
    Jenni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenni - waves to Hettie and Flora!! I would be happy to make clothes for them just now - let me know what you would like!

      Delete

100 Best Bear Artist Blogs